Domain Mapping

Hi there,
I have two domains on my multisite install: golfingtourssouthafrica.co.za (my clients primary domain) and golfingtourssouthafrica.com. The first one is correctly mapped and working, but Im not sure how do I point the other .com domain to .co.za? Do I have to map both of them?

Thanks
Barry

• James Morris

Hello Barry

I'm assuming that both golfingtourssouthafrica.co.za and golfingtourssouthafrica.com are to be pointed to a subsite on your Multisite install. If that is the case, this is pretty easy to get the mapping to point to the .com.

What you will need to do is go to Network Admin -> Settings -> Domain Mapping and make sure the option Allow multiple mappings per site is checked.

Once you do that, go into the Dashboard for the golfingtourssouthafrica.co.za subsite and go to Tools -> Domain Mapping. Add the golfingtourssouthafrica.com as another mapped domain, then click the star next to golfingtourssouthafrica.com. This will set it as primary. Then, ensure that you have the Front end redirect should be: option set to Directed to mapped (primary) domain. This should force all requests for that subsite to be directed to golfingtourssouthafrica.com, including direct URL requests to golfingtourssouthafrica.co.za.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/AuYp2ls.png

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.