Domain mapping

Hi, I have a question.

I have a pre registered domain on Enom.

Iam trying to map that on a sub site on sub domain.

I have logged in to Enom and chnaged A record to the IP of the sever.

Yet i still get an error while trying to map it.

We can’t access your new domain. Mapping a new domains can take as little as 15 minutes to resolve but in some cases can take up to 72 hours, so please wait if you just bought it. If it is an existing domain and has already been fully propagated, check your DNS records are configured correctly

What step am i missing ?
Thanks

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Steven,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If you are sure that your domain is configured correctly and fully propagated then you can skip the propagation check from Network -> Settings -> Domain Mapping -> Mapping Options -> Verify domain's DNS settings - select no, save changes and then try to map the domain again.

If you are still getting the issue then please share the domain that you trying to map and enable support staff access. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Steven,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Do you have dedicated IP address ? Please post the IP where you have pointed the domain.

It appears that you have not configured it in cPanel. Create an add-on/parked domain and make sure you set the root folder of your main site (mostly public_html) as document root for this domain.

I am sorry for delay on this ticket but please bear in mind that bumping the thread will push you towards the bottom of thread because our system feed us threads from oldest to newest to ensure everyone get equal response. So each time you post a new reply in the thread it pushed to the bottom of queue thinking it as new post. This is not an excuse but explanation of how our support system works.

Please always post one consolidated reply and wait for the support staff to respond. We will try our best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.