Domain Mapping 4.4.3.2 causing loading error with Thrive Architekt

Dear Support Team,

On my MU installation wama-admin.net Thrive Architekt has problems loading. The loading spinner stays forever:

https://jumpshare.com/v/S97j2IyeN1UW81OFH5Vw

As soon as I deactivate the Domain Mapping Plugin everything works fine. This problem was already mentioned here before:

Domain Mapping conflict with Thrive Architect

Can you please take a look?

Thank you,

Bogdan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bogdan,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for opening a separate ticket for the case!

I’d like to check that on your site and investigate the issue but I don’t have any access to it. Would you please enable support access for me?

To do this, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support” page in your site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there.

Let me know here once it’s done and I’ll access the site and work on the issue.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Bogdan,

We indeed can’t access your site without HTTP authentication.

You can send us this securely by using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Predrag Dubajic

– HTTP Authentication username

– HTTP Authentication password

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Please include WordPress login as well, in case that support access still doesn’t work due to the authentication popup.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for sending those in, I was doing some extensive testing on this and I actually have couple of things to report back.

So the first thing I did is that I enabled Cross Domain autologin in Domain Mapping network settings, and that actually "pushed" the thrive editor a bit and it did load a bit more but still didn't load fully, and there was console error on when it stopped loading.

Now, I tested this on my installation as well and I was able to replicate it there so we do have a conflict on our hands and I have created bug report for our developers so they can check it out and see if there's anything we can do from our end to have these two playing nicely together.

I wanted to check if there's some quick workaround that could be used while we wait for the dev report, and I was actually able to find it.

When you go to Domain Mapping settings on your subsite you can exclude pages from mapping, like this:

So with this, I was able to use the builder while the page was excluded from mapping and then once done I can just include it back.

However, there seem to be some other issue on your site that's conflicting with Domain Mapping and it doesn't save its settings in Domain Mapping settings on your subsites, so I was unable to properly check this workaround on your end.

Could you perform a conflict test by disabling your other plugins and switching to default WP theme on that subsite and then try saving changes in Domain Mapping and see if they are saved?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Bogdan
    • Flash Drive

Hello Predrag,

Thank you for the extensive testing, I hope your developers will find a solution for this.

I deactivated all plugins except Domain Mapping und switched to the Twenty Seventeen Theme but the bug where excluded pages will not save is still there. Can you please check this again?

Regarding finding a quick workaround: Would it be possible to provide me with the version 4.4.2.4 of Domain Mapping? According to the initial ticket on this matter this was the latest version wich worked with Thrive Architect.

Thank you,

Bogdan

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Bogdan,

Seems there’s still a console error in there when you make some changes in Domain Mapping settings, but I can’t replicate this on my installation.

Can you tell me which PHP version you are using on your site?

Regarding finding a quick workaround: Would it be possible to provide me with the version 4.4.2.4 of Domain Mapping? According to the initial ticket on this matter this was the latest version wich worked with Thrive Architect.

As a full member you have access to direct plugin download, so you can simply go to plugin page, click on changelog and download whichever version you want from there:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bogdan

Thanks for your response!

Did you check again if the “saving error” is still there on your end (with plugins disabled and theme switched to Twenty Seventeen) after updating PHP to 7.2 version? If not, could you please do it? That might give us some additional important information.

I have also messaged our developers asking them to update us with the status of the case as soon as possible. I’m awaiting response so I (or Predrag) will let you know as soon as we got some additional information from them.

Best regards,

Adam

• Bogdan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Adam,

Yes, I tried with PHP 7.2 but the saving error was still there.

For now I disabled Domain Mapping and switched to WordPress native domain support. This isn’t so comfortable, but I got Thrive Architect to work for my client.

If your developers fix this bug I will be glad to use Domain Mapping again. Please let me know if there are updates.

Thank you,

Bogdan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bogdan,

The issue was marked as a bug (not just “issue to check”:wink: so that means it’s confirmed incompatibility and has higher priority but it also means, I’m afraid, that it might be more complex than we initially expected.

I can of course understand your decision to switch to native mapping for now. We will let you know here as soon as our developers will “move on” with this.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.