domain mapping addon missing from sites

I have the domain mapping plugin installed. Its all setup and it was working but now its not showing up on my sites. The setting just isn't there. Can you please help. I am going to active the remote help.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jonathan,

Hope you're doing well today, Happy New Year!
    Have you added any new plugins recently? Can you do a plugin conflict check and see if it comes back :slight_smile:

I would start with the caching plugin, often that can cause conflict.

Let us know if you still can't see it and we'll continue troubleshooting with you!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jonathan
    • Flash Drive

i hate to rush this but without domain mapping i cannot get one site working and the rest are waiting for migration. I need the W3 Total Cache plugin since it distributes my files to my CDN network. How do i go about fixing this issue?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jonathan,

Hope you're doing well and apologies for my delay!

The easiest way to check that is by doing this:

Login to your sites FTP account then re-name your plugins folder to something else such as: "plugins-old"

Then create a new plugins folder called "plugins". Now drag just Domain Mapping into the new "plugins" folder. Now it will be the only active plugin while the other ones are soft deactivated.

Check to see if the domain mapping option shows up, but DON'T visit any of your sites plugins list page. Otherwise it will full deactivate all your plugins and you will have to activate them all back again - not a big deal, but an unnecessary inconvenience :p

Now if you can access the domain mapping options now, next step is to find out which plugin is conflicting and to do that you just drag the plugins back into the "plugins" folder until the issue comes back, then you know which one it is :slight_smile:

Once we know which one it is then we know where to look to work on a solution.

Once you're all done make sure you have all your plugins back in your "plugins" folder, then your site will be back to exactly how it was before testing.

That might sound like a lot to do, but it doesn't take very long and it's very good to know for any future troubleshooting you may need to do.

If you need any assistance with this just let us know Jonathan! More than happy to help.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jonathan
    • Flash Drive

still not working. did the renaming and put domains back in and it worked then i started adding others and aksmit was the first one and it broke it. If i type in the url directly i get You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Jonathan, I hope you're well today!

Do you still require assistance on this one?
    If you do then could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.