Domain Mapping And Marketplace Configuration

Hi,

I have two questions for the basic configuration regarding 'Domain Mapping' and 'Marketplace' features on subsites.

The subsites will hold different product categories of common eCommerce products. They represent a store of each product category with a relevant subdomain name. Those sites I will add manually and admin within their admin areas. All sites are hosted on a dedicated server running DNS via Cloudflare's servers (everything is wildcard subdomain enabled).

Question:

I was already able to add a subdomain site and everything works fine. Additionally after this I have installed the 'Domain Mapping' plugin? But I am not sure if I need this in my server and Cloudflare environment?

In a future step I want to give BRANDS of the listed products a possibility to add their own subsite for marketing purposes with their brand name as the subdomain. For this reason I was thinking about the 'Pro Sites' plugin to install.

Question:

Am I right with this plugin to enable kind of 'Marketplace' features or should I use something else?

Thanks

Rod

• Dimitris

Hi Rod,

hope you're having a beautiful day and thanks for asking us! :slight_smile:

I was already able to add a subdomain site and everything works fine. Additionally after this I have installed the 'Domain Mapping' plugin? But I am not sure if I need this in my server and Cloudflare environment?

Domain Mapping plugin would be required if you wanted to redirect your sub-sites in different domains.
    If you still want to create sub-domained sub-sites, then there's no reason to have DM plugin and you can safely delete it.

In a future step I want to give BRANDS of the listed products a possibility to add their own subsite for marketing purposes with their brand name as the subdomain. For this reason I was thinking about the 'Pro Sites' plugin to install.
    Question:
    Am I right with this plugin to enable kind of 'Marketplace' features or should I use something else?

Pro Sites can do the trick indeed in order to allow a "site registration" experience. :wink:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/
    The only limitation that you've got will be the unique subdomain names.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.