domain mapping and multi domain and WHMCS

I am wanting to allow people to purchase a blog based on the domain name of their choice.

Combining the plugins above seems the way to go, but when I try to register as a user I can only choose a subdomain of the main site.

Is there something I need to do to make it work so they can go through the whole process of ordering their domain to setting up the blog on that same domain from the MU installation?

Thanks

• Kimberly

ils,

Hi there! You sound like you have quite the operation happening there!

I'm not quite sure what you have installed or what your workflow is at this time but I just want to make sure you note that WHMCS is a product separate from Wordpress and WPMU dev.

It requires a separate installation on your host. Our plugins only allow you to run it within your Wordpress install, they do not offer the WHMCS functionality.

A bit more information on your setup and workflow would greatly help in determining how to help you overcome the obstacles you are seeing. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu

Greetings ils,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• ils

Hi there - for some reason I didn't get a note about these responses so I had actually thought my message had fallen on deaf ears :o

So firstly thank you both for replying.

Kimberly - Yes, I am indeed aware that WHMCS is a separate product - I was referring to the options available within the Wordpress plugin, not in WHMCS :slight_smile:

As for workflow, the site has had to remain in test phase due to the problems using the integration plugins - so does 'no work flow' simplify things? Hopefully being a clean slate will help things along :smiley:

• aecnu

Greetings ils,

Thank you for letting us know about not receiving notifications. This is indeed a reported bug in our new WPMU Dev web site that to the best of my knowledge has not yet been resolved due to it being intermittent - the worst kind of bug :slight_frown:

Now on to your questions.

I am wanting to allow people to purchase a blog based on the domain name of their choice.

Combining the plugins above seems the way to go, but when I try to register as a user I can only choose a subdomain of the main site.

That is correct because these are not the plugins you need to use to accomplish this mission regarding WHMCS.

Multi Domain does not come into play at all. The Multi Domain plugin is used for allowing multiple TLD sub domains which is not what you indicated you want to do.

If you have WHMCS already, you would want to start your development using WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin probably in combination with the WHMCS WP Integration plugin.

Those should get you on the right track for what you said you wanted to accomplish.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.