Domain Mapping and frontend page builder?

I have had an issue with the themify page builder when updating domain-mapping, it will not save any edits. This has been the case since domain-mapping version 4.2.0.3, which I keep reverting back to. I have granted access to wpmudev to take a look.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Fla0, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I just tried doing this on a test page on your site, and I found that the edits I made were saved inside of the "Themify Custom Panel" metabox, here's the page in question (you'll need to be logged in first):

http://youbuildyoursite.com/this-is-a-test-page/

May I ask what page you were trying to edit when you had this come up?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Fla0, sorry about that, didn't mean to leave you hanging here!

If you like, I'd be glad to do some deeper digging on my own test Multisite, and see why it's acting up like this, so that your Multisite isn't affected by the investigation. If so, could I ask you to send in the following via our contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include a copy of the Themify Builder plugin (you could upload it to Dropbox, and provide the link to it in the email), and the theme you're using
    - Please indicate the type of Multisite you're running (subdirectory or subdomain; can't quite recall which one it was right off the top of my head, and it'd help to be sure)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Fla0,

Really sorry for the delay on this! :slight_frown:

I've been able to do some testing with the copy of the Themify Builder plugin you sent me, and so far, I'm not able to reproduce this on my test subdomain Multisite.

I'm using a add-on domain of mine, pointed at my main site, and I'm using the Twenty Fourteen theme to test with. With only the following plugins active:

- Themify Builder (version 1.3.5)
    - Domain Mapping (version 4.3.0.4)
    - WPMU DEV Dashboard (version 3.5.2)

This is what I'm seeing occur when I try editing old posts:

http://screencast.com/t/PDBiihlwjDj

It's possible that there might be something conflicting here (e.g. another plugin, or the theme itself). Given the live nature of this site though, would it be possible to set up a test install, a replica of the present Multisite?

Unless you'd be wanting to try going through a conflict test quick on the live site, as we lay out in the flowchart at the bottom of our Getting Support guide?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Let me know what your thoughts are please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Site Division

@Michael Bissett

Michael,
    I have another network I have been working on that's live and having the same issue with the domain-mapping, themify-builder and existing pages. Its early in development so if you would like to trouble shoot on that network I will make it available to you. :slight_smile:

I have made the network available if you would like to troubleshoot on a live network. Let me know if you need me to extend the time on it.

Thanks
    Vic

• Site Division

@Michael Bissett

I guess I got ahead of myself, what happened was I had deleted all the builder content on the page and then was able to create new and save. Here is my issue with whats going on here, I could go through and recreate all the site pages from scratch, it's not possible to even copy or export as it carries the issue to the new page. This would still be quite time consuming even with a small number of sites, and what if there were 200 or more sites? This could very well happen in the future as well.

My site again works fine with version 4.2.0.3 and the change-log below shows whats new in 4.2.0.4, there must be a way to trouble shoot this? Again that other network is live and I am sure I can recreate the problem once again on that network so you can troubleshoot live.

Added: ability to force schema in admin of mapped domain when schema is forced for front-end of mapped domain
    Added: ability to leave mapped domain schema unforced
    Added: delete mapping record from db when blog is deleted
    Fixed: bug in mapped domain schema forcing on nginx servers
    Fixed: preventing original domain with www to be added as mapped domain
    Fixed: bug in SSO when logging in subdomain and not getting logged in in mapped domain

• Site Division

@Michael Bissett

I gave it a try, still has the same issues and I found a few others as well that I posted on the thread.
    Not sure if you saw my comment on the other thread, but I took the time and migrated the few live paying customer sites I had on the network to single site installs and wiped my files and data base clean, actually deleted everything and started over, still had the same issues with domain-mapping and went back to 4.2.0.3. I do feel better knowing the database is rid of old plugin tables and setting up this time will not be as challenging as this is the fourth time. :slight_smile:

I'm starting to think that running a paying network is just a pipe dream. :slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Fla0,

I'm starting to think that running a paying network is just a pipe dream. :slight_smile:

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. :slight_smile:

The question on my mind is though... just what is it about your site in particular that's causing this issue to arise in the first place? Not to be engaging in mere finger pointing here, but I was able to get this working properly on my Multisite... you were using the Twenty Fourteen theme when you tried doing the conflict testing before, correct? (that's what I used in my own testing)

I see from the thread I mentioned to you (the one with the beta release) that @Sam's looking into this presently, but just in case he needs the information, could you please send in the following as well:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel details (login address, username & password) - in case he needs to check out the database
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Fla0, glad to hear that you found a fix here, good catch! :slight_smile:

I would still like to know, should we be able to map domains on the main site?

You mean, manage the mapping of domains to subsites from the main site? Or are you wanting to map a domain to the main site itself?

If the former, then while you would have to map a domain to each subsite from inside the subsite's Dashboard, you can manage those mapped domains from the Network Dashboard by going to:

Settings -> Domain Mapping -> Mapped Domains

If the latter, then nope, you wouldn't be able to map a domain to the main site on a Multisite network.

Hope this helps, and hope you're having a great weekend so far! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael