domain mapping and plesk

Hi, I’ve try to find an answer to my Q on forum without any luck..

I’ve install the plugin and copy the sunrise.php to the right location, activated the plugin, add my IP address to the plugin settings, added a test domain I own to one of the site on the network (sub directory, Not sub domain BTW) – All looks good so far. My server has plesk install on it.

After adding an A record for my test domain on GoDaddy (uuusss.us) all I can see after going to my domain is a plesk welcome page which shows automatically after I add an A record to a domain with my server/plesk IP.

I guess my IP’s are automatically goes to my plesk and not to the main domain (the multisite domain) that install under plesk.

I’m not sure I understand how to make it work..? Am I missing something?

Please help.

PS, If it can make things easier, I have another domain Ill be happy to use as an NS domain, I mean that my clients will be able to add 2 name servers (NS1.bytheweb.org and NS2.bythweb.org) to their domain (uuusss.us for example) and it will connect it to the right domain with the right sub directory of the user website. But I have no idea how to setup the records for the bytheweb.org domain. Is it possible?

TX

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

After adding an A record for my test domain on GoDaddy (uuusss.us) all I can see after going to my domain is a plesk welcome page which shows automatically after I add an A record to a domain with my server/plesk IP.

I guess my IP’s are automatically goes to my plesk and not to the main domain (the multisite domain) that install under plesk.

I’m not sure I understand how to make it work..? Am I missing something?

Please help.

Is this a dedicated IP address?

The IP address must have it’s DocumentRoot on to your WordPress website. This means if you enter your IP address the only thing you see if your WordPress install.

If you don’t then any domains you forward in through an A Record also won’t and thus WordPress and Domain Mapping won’t be able to work it’s magic.

If you’re unsure how to do this then you’re going to need to speak with the hosting provider and have them do this for you.

I really only use cPanel these days.

Take care.

• bytheweb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The magic is Happening.. :slight_smile:

I’ve set my IP as a dedicated IP pointing to my WP installation domain and all works well now.

on plesk:

Tools -> IP -> Setup the IP to the selected IP and point it to your domain.

Thanks again

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.