Domain mapping and Pro Sites

Hi, I've installed a multisite network, and I've installed Domain Mapping plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/) before installing Pro Sites. I've noticed that there is also a Domain Mapping plugin at WPMUDEV, and I wanted to have a better understanding of the differences between them. Functionality seems to be the same, but WPMUDEV one includes the option to indicate if the domain mapping feature is allowed to supporters only. I'd like to have that feature, but I have some sites already setup in the network, and they are being affected by the other domain mapping plugin.

I'd like to know if I can replace the previous domain mapping plugin with yours, and if it may affect the current sites in any way.

Thank you.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @andigonm

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, you can use our Domain Mapping plugin instead of the other, and once you have set everything up, your sites will function just as they have before. Except you'll then be able to offer that feature in your Pro upgrades!

To be safe, after you have deleted the other, please ensure that all tables that plugin may have created are removed from your database before installing our plugin.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @andigonm

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed that this one is still open.

Do you still need assistance on this issue?

If not, just to get the ticket out of our active system, I'm going to mark it resolved.

But if you do still need help here, please don't hesitate to re-open the thread by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.