Domain Mapping And SEO, Worpress Multisite with subdomains

I have been searching other places about domain mapping and seo.
My question is if domain mapping will negatively affect seo rankings?

For example, I'm planning to create a blogging network with WP-MU installation using subdomains.

I will be creating pre-configure sites to sell my team so they can have their own blogs so then I can teach them on a members area how they can rank for diffrent keywords.

My #1 concerned is SEO and if domain mapping will not work well for raking their main domain?
or which url will ranking on googles' eyes the "www.subdomain.domainname.com" or their "www.domainname.com" ?

I'm planning to sell the sites with prosites pluging.

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @revolution and thank you for your interesting question!

I run a multisite network with domain mapping, and the sites show up in google as their domain name that is mapped to the site if that helps.

It also so far from what I can see does not impact on search rankings, as long as you follow good SEO practices (no black hat stuff), and have patience waiting for them to get ranked for their keywords and content then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and be sure to let us know how you get on with it! :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gabriel,

Thank you for your great questions related to this ticket which I believe we handled in my live chat tonight.

I am going to mark this ticket as resolved. However, if you have further questions related to this thread please fell free to check mark it below as not resolved and post your questions/issues.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.