Domain Mapping and Sunrise.php

I am receiving the following error:

You use old version of /home/steelte3/public_html/steeltealdance/wp-content/sunrise.php file. Please, replace that file with new version which is located by following path: /home/steelte3/public_html/steeltealdance/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/sunrise.php.

I have disabled and re-enabled the plug-in and that didn't help.

Help!?

• steelteal

Kudos to Josh!! I found his comment (below) on another chain and moved "define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );" to the top of my wp-config.php file and it fixed the problem!

-- Josh's suggestions --
    Hi. I'm just adding a comment here, for other browsers. I had this exact same issue with the error message. This occurred because I entered the code
    define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

at the bottom of the wp-config file.

I simply moved it above the line that says
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

and the error disappeared.

• SooBahkDo

Hello,

I encountered the exact same error message issue on a new multisite installation on Pagely hosting.

Since the previous versions of Domain Mapping required define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); be positioned at the very bottom of wp-config, the error message being generated would be much more helpful if it suggested the user try moving define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); to the top of the WP-config file before sending the user on a wild goose chase looking for a non-existent "newer" file when the newest version still generates this error when define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); is at the bottom of wp-config.

Multi-domains also produces an error when define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); is at the bottom of wp-config (as previous versions required)

Repositioning define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); at the top of the very sparse Pagely wp-config eliminated the error.

I highly recommend modifying the error message to include these instructions as an option for resolving the error.

Thanks!
    Phil D

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.