Domain Mapping and Upfront

My site is not redirecting to the mapped domain. It keeps using the original URL, both on backend and front end.
Also, I have issues with fixer child theme. I'm trying to access upfront editor so that I can make my subsite logo more visible on mobile and also adjust the Gallery page padding but upfront is refusing to come up.

  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

    Hi Louis,

    Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

    I tried accessing your site files in order to perform some tests but the FTP login details provided in chat are no longer working.

    Could you provide us with new FTP or cPanel login by using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

    Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

    Hi Louis,

    Thanks for sending those in, I installed latest beta on your site and had the same version installed on my test site in order to compare the differences but I couldn't replicate this on my installation and your site pretty much behaved completely differently then on my installation.

    I'm afraid that we will need conflict test performed here in order to pinpoint the cause of this issue so we can debug it further.

    It would be best to have only Upfront and Domain Mapping active and see how it behaves in that case.

    If the issue is gone and both mapped domain and Upfront Editor are working fine then you can active your other plugins one by one until you see what's causing this issue.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Louis Akporiaye
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Hello Predrag,

    I've now fixed the issue. The problem is with Domain Mapping plugin. If the settings on the subsite is set to "Directed to mapped (primary) domain", the problem happens but is set to Disable and use what the user enters, then upfront will work. I've now fixed what I need to fix and then returned my settings to "Directed to mapped (primary) domain".

    Thanks for the help.

    Louis.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.