Domain Mapping Cause Conflicts - How Does This Plugin Set the Domain?

Hi - so we've been having many issues with this plugin, especially with the latest updates to WP and not being able to upgrade because it breaks core. We've recently been in touch with Jetpack because we've had to code some custom plugins to allow Jetpack to work because of the Domain Mapping plugin. We sent them an example of what we had to do and this was their response (keep in mind that the plugin we had to create was necessary for Jetpack to even connect to a mapped domain by manually setting the REST API url)

So your plugin changes your REST API url when on the Jetpack plugin page. The problem is that Jetpack also calls that url from WordPress.com, and other plugins can also use that url, so it would need to be changed everywhere, not just with Jetpack.

At this point, we'd advise you to get in touch with WPMU dev, as this seems like something that should be fixed in the domain mapping plugin directly, as it affects any other plugins that want to use the REST API, not just Jetpack.

Are there any plans on updating the functionality of this plugin?

• Rupok

Hi James,

So sorry for the inconvenience. Our plugin developer can give you best idea regarding this. So I'm pinging him and requesting to provide his valuable feedback on this. I believe, he will come up with his feedback soon. We will update you here as soon as we get anything from him.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.