Domain Mapping Causing

Domain Mapping still causing issues with site.
I deleted the index.html (place holder} I had created for bestfitbootcamp.com but when you go to that domain...it still forwards to leadsalesfunnel.com front page. Although if you type: http://bestfitbootcamp.com/wp-admin it goes to the correct place, the wordpress admin login for the subsite: bestfitbootcamp.com.

Please help me resolve this as soon as possible. thanks!

~ Leah

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Leah,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see that both these domains load the same page which in both cases is some plain HTML site, not a WordPress-generated code. That means that there must be some "placeholder" file still in place.

I'm not aware of your setup though so let's start with letting me get some better picture of it. I can see that you granted access so I checked the site and I understand that configuration is as follows:

1. the "leadsalesfunnel.com" is the main domain of your WP Multisite install
    2. there's a "leadsalesfunnel.com/bestfitbootcamp" subsite
    3. the "bestfitbootcamp.com" domain is mapped to the "leadsalesfunnel.com/bestfitbootcamp" sub-site

With that in mind I went to the "bestfitbootcamp.com" site's dashboard (loading fine, as you already mentioned) and temporarily switched the mapping option to "Disabled and entered domain should be used". Then, by visiting original URL (leadsalesfunnel.com/bestfitbootcamp) I was able to confirm that the sub-site works fine and the issue seems to be in "bestfitbootcamp.com" configuration.

Can you tell me please how did you set that domain? Is it set to point to an IP address of your site (a dedicated IP) or is it set as an add-on domain?

Would it be possible that you let me access cPanel for your site so I could check that? To provide me with access credentials to it please post them in the text area (right below green "Access active for days" button) on "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support page" and let me know here after you do this.

The information that you put there won't be posted anywhere in public so I'll be able to see it only after I access your site. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the reason for what is happening and fix it for you then.

Looking forward to hear from you,
    Adam