Domain Mapping conflicting with Events+

we're running events+ and domain mapping on a multisite install. currently, the rsvp list is not working properly. events+ uses admin-ajax.php to query the list of rsvps, but since we are using the domain mapping plugin, it is denied access, because (apparently) admin-ajax redirects back to the original url of the site.

so for example:

when we created a new site, url was: site1.multisite.com, and we domain mapped to blog.somewhere.com. the rsvp button tries to call http://blog.somewhere.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=eab_list_rsvps&pid=17, but is then redirected to site1.multisite.com.

i suppose that since the domain names are different, as a security feature, access is denied somehow.

any help on how to solve this would be great. i have already tried updating wordpress options siteurl and home, but this creates more problems.

anything......?

thanks.

  • Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

    Hey there.

    Can I please check which version of WordPress and Events+ are you using?

    I've tried to replicate the issue you are having and it seemed to work well for me. I tested various settings but it seemed ok to me.

    Are you running any other plugins conflicting here. Could you please try disabling those other plugins and testing again? Also maybe with the default Twenty Eleven theme.

    Or maybe I misread the issue?

    Take care.

  • BrandCo
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    unfortunately we are attempt to expand on an already live site with 100s of user sites already created, so updating/disabling anything is not something we are very quick to do.

    i know that if i set the wordpress url's (siteinfo and home) to the url we set through the domain mapping plugin, the rsvp list works fine. so it seems that there is some sort of precautionary redirect happening in the backend files.

    can we move forward without disabling/updating the Domain Mapping plugin? let's just assume that updating didn't solve the problem...

  • Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

    Hey again.

    As it seems to work for me it would imply something within your environment, a conflict or not using the latest version. I can tell you I'm on the latest version of WordPress and both Domain Mapping and Events+

    Then disabling plugins and themes to test is the other way to debug.

    If you really cannot do that then there are two options:

    1. Replicate the installation into a test environment which matches the live environment. Some like this can help:

    http://pp19dd.com/2011/01/bash-script-to-mirror-wordpress-mu-installation-into-a-sandbox/

    2. Hire a developer to test your live website to see if they can find the issue. This would be more costly and could potentially be more dangerous if they break something more serious whilst doing so.

    If it were me then I would use was use a test environment if testing in the production site is a no no.

    Thanks.

  • Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

    Hey there! :slight_smile:

    Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

    We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while so I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

    However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

    Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.