Domain mapping - displaying web address of mapped domain

I have created a multisite and installed domain mapping plugin for the multisite users to map their subsite to their own domains.

Lets say product1.mydomain.com is the subsite link and the client's domain is productsales.com and they already have an active website at productsales.com

If I want all the pages created in the subsite to have an address like either productsales.com/campaign/page1 or campaign.productsales.com/page1 how do I do it??

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Vijai,

I hope everything's going well for you today and thanks for asking us! :slight_smile:

Just to make this clear, do you need to keep the current active website at productsales.com and add pages through the new sub-site? I believe that this can't be happened, as if you successfully map the sub site into the new domain, then it will resolve to the sub site only.
    I really may miss something here though, so please do confirm me this (or not) and I'll ping my colleagues for more info. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Vijai
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes, I want to keep the current active website and either

Option 1 - add pages through the new sub-site. So the pages created will look like productsales.com/campaign/page1 or

option 2 - create a subdomain for productsales.com like campaign.productsales.com and add pages through sub-site. So the pages created on sub-site will look like campaign.productsales.com/page1

Cheers

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey Vijai,

I believe this can be done through the second option, a sub domain. You just have to create a CNAME record for this subdomain to point to the subsite, leaving the A record pointing to the current server/installation.

Hope that make sense, feel free to ask any more details if needed! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.