Domain mapping dns parameters server

Hello,

I migrated my multisite wordpress on a new server, I use the domain mapping plugin to redirect to network domains The server is set, a wildcard is created for sub domains on the server.

capture

A field of mainsite.com is the ip of the server (xxx.xxx.x.xx)

and the To field of network sites are also on the ip of the server (xxx.xxx.x.xx)

However, it redirects to the server page by default.

redirecting the domain mapping plugin works well because it return to the default server page when I get subsite.mainsite.com.

Questions :

- I have to have my main domain on the server? (This was my old configuration)
- Do I have to add another setting in the dns network site that I want to point?

Thanks for your help.

Alex

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Alex,

I'm not sure what do you mean by this:

I migrated my multisite wordpress on a new server, I use the domain mapping plugin to redirect to network domains

Domain mapping is not for redirecting domains - it maps domains for subsites.

A field of mainsite.com is the ip of the server (xxx.xxx.x.xx)

Are you trying to map main domain of your network? This is not possible with Domain Mapping - it only works with subsites.

Could you give me more details on what you are trying to achieve and maybe also grant support access so I could see your settings? https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

If your IP address points to server default page and not the main site of network, then instead of using A record you should park domain you want to map to the root folder of your network - then you can map domain to subsite.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.