domain mapping does not show "select as primary domain"

I created a new site on my network and added (mapped) four domains to it. All are shown as "valid". I want to define one of them as the "primary domain". There should be a star icon next to the "delete" icon that allowed me to "select as primary domain" one of them - but the star icon (and thus the option) does not show.

Do I miss anything?

Thanks for support!
Wolfgang

• mynym
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It looks like some more things do not work properly: I now cannot add (map) additional domains (the field to enter additional domains is not showing). Furthermore, If I click the subdirectory (www.maindomain.com/subdirectory), it does not redirect as it should, but shows the maindomain.com.
    ???

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @mynym

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, I can see both issues. For primary domain, the first domain in the list works as primary domain. But I don't see a marker for primary domain.

And the add domain form hides when you add a domain and refresh the page or come back later on that page.

I am including the developer @Sam about this for his valuable opinion on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• mynym

Thanks Ash. I can compare the domain mapping settings with the other multisite installation I have, there everything works fine. Even the environment is the same (same hosting / server). Looking forward to your / Sam's ideas...

• mynym

Hi Sam, sorry to come back to you one mor time, but I am afraid I celebrated too early:

Though I can map the domains now, they do not redirect. No matter what URL I enter (any of the mapped domains or the subdirectory itself) - I always end up on the main domain of the multisite... The only way to see the subdomain is when I select to "customize" the theme in the desig section of the backend.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.