Domain Mapping doesn't save

I have carefully followed the domain mapping instructions but I am having issues.

I don’t see the database tables ( although maybe I am not looking correctly).

When I click save nothing happens. I had this problems before but now i have a fresh install and the same solution doesn’t seem to be working.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You helped me with this before. I’m back

ha, should I go hide. lol

I know you are most likely on the latest version but to check… What version of WP and this plugin are you running?

I don’t see the database tables ( although maybe I am not looking correctly).

So you can’t find either wp_domain_mapping or domain_map tables in your DB?

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

All sorted now.

The issue was that you installed both our plugins:

Domain Mapping

Multi Domains.

Both work together. But the issue comes from the sunrise.php. You see in Multi domains there are two sunrise files, one is just sunrise.php and the other is dm-sunrise.php.

If you are using the Domain Mapping plugin as well, then you need to use and rename the dm-sunrise.php for it to work.

I will make an adjustment to the install docs in a few moments to also mention that point as the different file is only in the multi domain plugin and not this one.

Take care

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Just to let you know, I amended the documents so in the brief help section you can find:

When I add a domain, the page just refreshes and nothing happens?

Chances are when you edited your wp-config.php to enter the sunrise information, you put it to far down. Check through these docs again and make the appropriate adjustments.

Nope that wasn’t it, the page still refreshes and nothing happens so what now sherlock?

Another cause of this is the sunrise.php file, if you are running our Multi Domain plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains

Then you will find in the plugin folder an alternate sunrise file dm_sunrise.php you need to use this file.

First rename it to sunrise.php and then upload it just like the original sunrise.php file in these instructions and that should fix you up! :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping us improve the documents here!

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again bangfruit.

Just checking in. Looking at your domains, it seems to be working fine now. Did you make the appropriate adjustments to the A record as Aaron suggested?

I think that all resolves the issue here, so I’ll mark it resolved. But if you still need more help with this one then please feel free to open it again.

Take care.

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

Hi

As I’m having an issue mentioned here, I post in this thread

I have all the latest versions of WP multisite, BP, Pro Sites, Multi Domains, Domain Mapping

I followed the install instructions, and use the dm-sunrise.php renamed in sunrise.php, uploaded to wp-content

I had added the line

define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

in my config first just below define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

then tried also just before /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

(between those 2 lines I also have custom things about akismet, and the allow multisite lines)

tried to desactivate and activate again

EDIT, cancel that question :slight_smile: I should read better :slight_smile: I need the dedi IP

( I’m testing with a domain which was already on the same IP (already resolving here), so my first question is: will that work with shared IP? I have my own server with this multisite install on it, and a dedicated IP, but I have already live sites (not WP) on it, I can get a second IP if necessary)

but anyway even there is the other issue… as bangfruit in the 1st post above, the database tables are not created, so if I can address that issue first, I can then test further, could it be possible the issue come from the fact I use a another table prefix than wp_ ? (on my side, it is correctly set in config). I wonder if that is possible that table prefix is somewhere inadvertently hardcoded as wp_ in the plugin?

also, is that correct : the domain mapping plugin goes into the regular plugin folder, while multi domain goes to mu-plugin folder ?

i’m sorry if my all this is confused :slight_smile: my english is not the best :O)

thanks in advance

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Patricia, to ensure we don’t miss your questions please feel free to open a new thread next time. :slight_smile:

I need the dedi IP

( I’m testing with a domain which was already on the same IP (already resolving here), so my first question is: will that work with shared IP?

If you have cPanel and you use Addon or parked domains then sure, it will work.

If not and its a shared environment where the IP does not fall upon your WordPress install, then it will not work. You see the domain has to land on your WordPress multisite, which means the IP does as well.

If you enter the IP into the browser and you do not see your WordPress multisite, then it won’t work (unless you use Addon and Parked).

Addon and Parked domains work because the virtual host will send them to the right WordPress directory.

but anyway even there is the other issue… as bangfruit in the 1st post above, the database tables are not created, so if I can address that issue first, I can then test further, could it be possible the issue come from the fact I use a another table prefix than wp_ ? (on my side, it is correctly set in config). I wonder if that is possible that table prefix is somewhere inadvertently hardcoded as wp_ in the plugin?

Nah I use this on various sites which do not use the default WP_ prefix.

also, is that correct : the domain mapping plugin goes into the regular plugin folder, while multi domain goes to mu-plugin folder ?

That is correct.

EDIT, cancel that question :slight_smile: I should read better :slight_smile:

So you can add domains now?

i’m sorry if my all this is confused :slight_smile: my english is not the best :O)

Your English is absolutely fine.

Take care.

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

thank you Tim, well I opened a new thread for IP questions now, it’s here

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/domain-mapping-with-ip-shared-among-several-wpother-scripts-on-my-own-server?replies=1#post-189703

and it’s rather a complex one :wink:

but well, the issue I’m also having is the one on topic of this thread, that’s why I wrote here = the db tables are not created when installing this plugin, and thus domains not saved in the user dashboard

thank you in advance :slight_smile:

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

I just re-submit a reply, with marking topic re-open with the question (forgot to re-open earlier)

the issue I’m also having is the one on topic of this thread, that’s why I wrote here = the db tables are not created when installing this plugin, and thus domains not saved in the user dashboard

thank you in advance :slight_smile:

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

ok, i’ts very vey strange, I found the details for table creation in the file domain_mapping.php, line 532 and following (version 3.0.7) and I created the table manually (beeing carefeull if I had to call it domain_mapping or domain_map

now it works, I can save in users dashboard, and mapping works (almost, I have another topic open about other issue)

should I leave this topic open, just for you to understand why the db table isn’t created at plugin activation?!

thx

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

just to let you know, the issue has nothing to do with my IP questions (in other post), as I got a new IP I use with a new install now on my server, and when I installed Domain Mapping plugin, it also didn’t create the database table (just tested right now)

so this is really an issue

for me it’s ok, solved creating the table manually, but really this is something other people might be facing as well…

let me know if you need any details

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Patricia,

well :slight_smile: I wanted to say “thank you Timothy” I wrote Tim as I got an email the other day regarding my membership, but maybe you are not the same, and anyway please forgive me if I have been impolite in any way :O)

We do actually have two Tims here, but it was I in the emails. :slight_smile:

And you are most welcome. I’ve been mainly on emails for the last week or two. :slight_smile:

And you have always been polite, thank you :slight_smile:

The tables should create when activated and domains are added so I’m not sure what went on there. As you now have it working it would a issue for your site if I were to take a look at your install, because I’d have to remove the tables and debug from the beginning however I suspect your project is progressing much further by now.

So as you have it fixed then for now we can mark this resolved. If we see the issue crop up again we can further investigate the matter then :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.