Domain mapping does't show up in Pro Sites - Premium themes

Hi guys,

i've getting exited about the domain mapping and setting up multisite and got it working on all the sub-sites. Sofar so good.

Next step is installing pro-sites and make domain mapping a premium plugin.

So i de-network-activated all my plugins, and tried to add them to the pro sites option "Premium plugin". This works for all of them, exept domain mapping. This won't show up.

i decided to delete al the already mapt domains, no result.
Next i removed all the installed sub-sites without result.

Now i'm kind of running out of options, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
i can't get it working myself.

Thanks in advance!

• Winoman

Hi patrick, thank you so much for taking time to respond.

I folowed your suggestion, and set things up like you say.

I discovered a few differences, that could be a version difference.

in my situation i work at: Settings/domainmapping/
    And the option is called "pro sites only : yes/no"

Let me know If im doing things the right way.

Anyway, i think this is the equivalent of what you are doing.
    Now, this new setting does not result in the fact that domain mapping is NOT visible in a new created website.

I set up PRO sites with 2 option: free and start
    I think that 'free' is now also a prosite, becuase it is defined here.
    The new sites i create are automatically the 'free' version.
    The option domain mapping is standard visible in all new created websites.

Is there anything i must configure, so new/free sites cant see the domain mapping option.

I hope its clear to you. Im really having dificulty finding the right words.

Thank you for taking time!

• Winoman

I'm also working on a new install of a multisite (different project) and installed WP and plugins in this order

- Wordpress
    - Multisite activation
    - WPMU Dashboard
    - WPMU Domainmapping
    - WPMU ProSites

This works fine, so the work around is good. So maybe the order of installation is also important? Nevertheless i'm still struggling to solve this issue for the other project. So if atone has suggestions....

• aecnu

Greetings Winoman,

In an effort to try to give some help on this issue, are you pointing out that on the problem installation that if you have Domain Mapping setting Pro Sites Only: to "Yes" that it indeed allows free sites to still use it or set them up?

At this time our system reports that your domain mapping plugin is six versions behind.

Please update and let us know if this issue persists.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC