[Domain Mapping] Domain Mapping Failed after 8 hours or more

I have a domain at jendelaraksasa.com and the A record already to the IP and then i create new site in my wordpress multisite and map the domain to my new site but it doesn't work.

Can you point me the missing step that I've made?

Thanks

• James Morris

Hello Sandi Andrian

I hope you are well today.

I've checked the IP resolution for the domain it seems to be pointing correctly to your Multisite Network. However, since it's resolving to a default parking page on the server, it looks as though it's not been properly associated with the account hosting your Multisite Network.

I checked to see if your IP address was static by accessing it directly in a browser window. The default parking page was loaded and not your Multisite Network. That means that the A Record method for mapping domains will not work in your situation. The IP address is shared.

What you will need to do is go into the hosting control panel for your Multisite Network and add jendelaraksasa.com as either a Parked or Addon domain. If adding as an Addon domain, you will need to make sure that you point the domain's web root directory to the same directory as where your Multisite Network is hosted. Usually something like public_html or htdocs.

Once you do that, the jendelaraksasa.com should correctly resolve to your Multisite Network.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.