[Domain Mapping] Domain Mapping + Ninja Forms

Hi
When I logged into WordPress I saw two updates were available: Domain Mapping and Ninja Forms.
1. I backed up my site, then updated both (I know NF is not your product :slight_smile: ). But hear me out.
2. I then went to edit one of my Ninja forms but they would not display in the list they normally do.
3. I thought it was a problem with the NF update, so I rolled back my install and tried updating just NF. When I did this, I could see the list of forms.
4. I then updated Domain Mapping and the issue was back.

Not scientific, but all I know is there is some compatibility issue going on when I upgrade Domain Mapping. It somehow does not display my Ninja forms in the admin when I click Ninja Forms from the side nav.

Puzzling? Strange for sure.

• Jordan

Hello Conrad,

Very strange! Have you tried enabling the debug? Follow the instructions below

in your wp-config.php file in your WordPress root directory replace define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Once done, repeat the steps that caused the issues and then navigate to your WordPress directory, go to wp-content folder and within there should be debug.log - send that over here and it should point towards the problem.

Thanks,
    Jordan.

• Nahid

Hey Conrad !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I tried to replicate the reported issue in our test site but couldn't. The replication test was done in a domain mapped sub-site set up with a default WordPress theme with the latest versions of Domain Mapping and Ninja Forms installed in a clean new WordPress multisite installation. The forms in Ninja Forms were displayed as expected. Here's a screenshot for reference:

This does look like an issue specific to your site only. To determine the source of the issue, could you please back the site up or create a cloned staging site and go through the following troubleshooting tests?

1. Plugin/theme conflict test: Try running a plugin/theme conflict test just to make sure no other plugin(s)/themes on your site is/are conflicting with Domain Mapping and Ninja Forms and thus causing the issue. The basic concept is to temporarily disable all the plugins (network-wide and site-wise activated) except Domain Mapping and Ninja Forms (and WPMU DEV Dashboard), switch to a default WordPress theme and check if the issue still persists. If it doesn't, please enable all plugins and the theme one after another to see activating which brings back the issue. This handy flowchart can help you do a plugin/theme conflict test.

2. Enable debugging: If the plugin/theme conflict test doesn't help, please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file as also suggested by Jordan in his last response. You can enable debugging by putting the following constants in the wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

These constants must be added before the line "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */" for them to work. Please make sure identical constants are replaced if they were already there previously.

Enabling debugging in WordPress will log any errors that the site encounters in a log file named "debug.log" located in the "wp-content" folder. Please upload the debug.log file in a cloud storage platform like Dropbox and attach the shared link in your next response so that we can take a look into it. You can know more about WordPress debugging in this handy article.

Note: it is highly recommended that you back the site up before going through the troubleshooting test.

Moreover, could you also grant Support Access from the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so that we can take a closer look into the issue? This handy guide can help you grant Support Access. Please reply back to this ticket once the access is granted so that we get notified.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid