Domain Mapping error

Hi,

I am getting an error when trying to map a domain to one of my Pro Sites on behalf of my client:
https://screencast.com/t/eVGH82Au
I am logged into the client dashboard to make the changes.

Their domain is reikiwestsussex.co.uk. Is see that their domain is pointing to my server correctly (IP Address: 46.37.175.38).

I have tried disabling Verify domain's DNS settings" and "Check domain propagation mapping" but that doesn't help.

I have a dedicated IP address.
I have tried to map to a domain I own which currently points to my server to test but get the same error.
I have granted support access

Please advise.

Kind regards,
Justin Peach

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Justin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I believe we have discussed the issue today via chat. You have confirmed here that you do have dedicated IP so I assume you have already made sure about it.

The IP however is pointing to some "default" location on the server where the default "placeholder" page resides. Since it's a dedicated IP there should be an option to set its "root_folder" (otherwise known also as "document root") to point to your WordPress Multisite install.

In other words, the IP must be configured in a way that when you type it in into the browser bar, it loads the main site of your multisite install (not redirects to it but just loads it).

Once this is configured, mapping should work "out of the box" if only "domain to be mapped" has DNS A record set to that IP.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.