Domain Mapping for Multisite installed in a subdirectory(1) on the hosting server (publik_html/1/)

Hi,
I have 2 multisite networks on a shared hosting with cPanel and I am using the domain mapping plugin, the first network is a subdomain setup, installed in the main directory on the server (publik_html) and when I park a domain the domain mapping plugin works just fine. The second network is a subdirectory setup and is installed in a folder (publik_html/1/). The problem is that cPanel does not let me park a domain in a directory different than the main one (publik_html) an so the mapping plugin does not see it. I tried with addon domains because cPanel lets me choose the subdirectory (publik_html/1/) but it doesn't work either.
Is there a workaround for solving the problem?

Thanks in advance!

• Jude

Howdy @vankopetrov

Hope you are keeping well !

So if Im right you have a domain added to you cPanel that points to public_html/1 but making a request to this domain takes you to public_html folder instead ?

Or am I missing something ? Also in the subdirectory setup are you getting any error messages under domain mapping ? If not, can you turn on WP_DEBUG and post the exact error messages you see here ?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Cheers
    Jude

• Ivan

Thank you for the response.

Parked domains are pointed by cPanel to the main folder (/public_html). The mapping plugin sees them on the first multisite network because it is installed in the root folder (/public_html -domain.com) and it works fine.

The problem according to me is that the other multisite network is installed in a folder (/public_html/folder - 1.domain.com/site1/) and the mapping plugin does not see the parked domains which are parked by cPanel at (/public_html).

If I move the second network (1.domain.com/site1/) to a separate hosting in the root directory (/public_html - 1.domain.com/site1/) I am sure the mapping will work.

I wander is there a workaround for that issue in the current setup?

• Michael Bissett

Hey Ivan, Michael here, apologies for the delay on this one!

If I move the second network (1.domain.com/site1/) to a separate hosting in the root directory (/public_html - 1.domain.com/site1/) I am sure the mapping will work.

Before that's done, I'd like to have a closer look at things, can you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password) for the 2nd Multisite network (the subdirectory install)
    - Include cPanel log-in details (login address, username & password)
    - Mention the domain you're trying to map
    - Mention the subsite that you're trying to map the domain to
    - Include any other relevant URLs/details for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael