Domain Mapping: Forced to Log Back In

I have a network of 900+ users. Whats strange is only 1 user is complaining that they must relogin after visiting their frontend coming from their wp-admin, and likewise.

Ive logged in as the user and tried to replicate the issue on many occasions, but unsuccessful.

Ive had the user clear their cookies and cache, but they claim the issue is also happening on tablets, phones and pc too. All those are on separate devices and the user even states they use different browsers.

Do you have any idea how can I correct an invisible problem? I just cant seem to track it down, yet the user in constantly sending in support requests stating they must keep logging back in.

What would you tell them?

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, steve!

Ooooh, the ghost bugs are the most fun, right?

All signs are pointing to user error/confusion here, since it's only one of 900 users, and you're not able to replicate using that members credentials. If they're frequently switching between devices, their previous WP sessions are going to be terminated, so if they have to log in while using a desktop browser after they've been logged in on a tablet, it makes sense they have to re-enter their credentials.

If that's not it, there's a chance the user needs to disable any browser extensions they're using.

If they're on a PC, primarily, there's this handy tool: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner, the free version does a great job of keeping the junk off a PC.

Otherwise, without a way to reproduce it, we're kind of grasping at straws as to the cause. Happy to help keep brainstorming with you if this doesn't slow down your support tickets. :wink:

Take care!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.