Domain mapping from 2 servers

Hi

I will try to explain as better I can.

I have a WP multi site instalation and I have a client server,
the website from my client is something like client.com/shop and I like to know if is possible to create a start page on my WP multi site page to show like client.com and when press to go to shop go to client server on client.com/shop.

Both nameservers are the same but I don't know if this can work or not.

It is possible to do this?
How difficult is to do this?

• Sajid

Hello ferreirex,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

What is your MultSites domain name ?

If you have setup a WordPress MultiSites on a different domain. For example yours.com, then what you can do is create a subsite called client.yours.com or yours.com/client and map this with client.com using Domain Mapping plugin.

On this page, now you can have a button to go to client.com/shop.

In case, client.com is your site and is the main site of your WordPress MultSites network then you don't need mapping. Just create start/landing page for shop here and have a button to go to client.com/shop.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello ferreirex,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have not tried it this way, but if both are on same servers and the shop is in a subdirectory then it should work, theoretically :wink:

But, if the shop is on a different server pointed on a different IP/DNS then it would not work this way. Since, that is now resolving on your main primary site on a different server.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support