domain mapping has locked me out of all my sites

I feel pretty stupid about this... but anyway...

I installed domain mapping one day... saw the notification to move and add sunrise but didn't have time right then.

Today, I forgot all about needing to move and add sunrise and tried to network activate it. I got this error on all my sites:

"The domain mapping plugin only works if the site is installed in /. This is a limitation of how virtual servers work and is very difficult to work around."

Instead of remembering to deal with Sunrise I disabled Domain Mapping so I could keep doing other work on other things. But the error didn't go away. So I tried to delete the plugin and install again.

That seemed to work well. I moved and added Sunrise and was able to get into setting and to configure them.

BUT... all my sites are STILL showing the error. AND I also noticed that I now have 2 Domain Mapping links in Settings. One working well, and the other showing the initial error :

"The domain mapping plugin only works if the site is installed in /. This is a limitation of how virtual servers work and is very difficult to work around."

Can someone help me get my site dashboards back?

Thanks!!

Regina