Domain Mapping Hates Me

I have no idea what im doing wrong. But, i haven’t been able to figure out the Domain Mapping setup. I feel like Im following all of the directions. But, its just not working. Are there common mistakes made by people that I’m probably making? I’ve been through the forums. Just can’t figure it out.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Derrion , I hope you are well!

Most common mistakes that happening is usually not creating wildcard subdomain, not placing the define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); inside the wp-config.php file or not creating the A Record & CNAME.

Do you see errors when you are trying to map a domain? Please let me know what is not working.

Would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can make the Domain Mapping love you? :slight_smile:

Also, please let me know you what domain name you wish to map and to what subsite. You can write it in WPMU DEV > Support > in the Support Access section

Let me know when you grant access!

Kind regards,

Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Derrion

Thank you very much. I’m trying to map Ziggysonline.com w/ ballaxy.org/ziggysonline

Maybe it’s the wild card thing. Don’t remember seeing that in the instructions.

I’ve visited the Ziggysonline.com domain name and it is working for me. Would you please confirm that the same happening from your end?

If not, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look.

As for the Wildcard, you need to set it up in case you are running a WordPress Subdomain network.

Also, can i still sell domains through domain mapping with Whmcs? Even though the whmcs plugins were killed?

We can’t provide support if there is an issue with WHMCS, but yes, you can sell domain names with WHMCS, the plugin is still available for you to download and use on Github:

https://github.com/wpmudev/whmcs-multisite-provisioning

createco would you please created a new thread here and grant support access to your site so we could check out the issue up close?

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.