Domain Mapping health status turned invalid

Domain mapping was working fine until the last update. I think where it started showing me the health status invalid for all the mapped domains, even though the mapped domains are mapping correctly, visitng the original URL doesn't seem to redirect me to the Mapped domain.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Todd

I hope you're fine today and thank you for your question!

I have checked your site and I can see the issue happening there. I have also tested this on one of my test sites but I couldn't replicate the issue so I think that it's either something specific to your setup or it's a bug that only reveals itself under very certain circumstances.

I understand that this was working fine for you so far and the issue only started to happen after the most recent upgrade, right? If you downgrade to the previous version - does it work fine again? If you didn't test it yet, it would be great if you would do this, please. You can download the previous version here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/1920829045_domain-mapping-4.4.3.1.zip

Also, were there any other changes made to the site (like, for example, additional plugins installed or some custom code added) and/or any changes to server configuration?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Todd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Didn't fix it by reverting, also tried 4.3.3. Also tried deactivating all plugins and that didn't resolve it either. Haven't done anything to the server and also tried creating a new site and mapping domain with no luck.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Todd,

I was doing some additional tests on your site and even tho it still shows mapped domains as invalid it did redirect to mapped domains for me when I visited original subsite URL.
    Were there any DNS changes around the time that this started happening?

Also, is it possible to completely remove W3TC since it's quite an aggressive caching plugin and it might be preventing proper domain status to show up?
    Only disabling W3TC still has some leftovers of the plugin that could affect certain aspects of the site, you can check this guide about disabling W3TC completely:
    https://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-delete-uninstall-w3-total-cache-wordpress-plugin.html

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Todd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

They are on the same type of server yes and I've tried deactivating all plugins to alleviate the possibility of that being an issue. Since unchecking the "Check domain propa..." checkbox worked I would assume it has to do with that functionality and how's it's checking the domain dns. Not too sure what server config would conflict with that...?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Todd,

Checking domain propagation will cause domains not to work if the status is invalid, but I still don't understand why this would happen to you, I've checked multiple installations with Domain Mapping installed and none of them are having these issues after the update.

Could you provide us with cPanel access so we can further investigate this on your end?
    Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Todd,

Do you have any other kind of control panel where we can check your site and server configuration?
    With support access we can only access your site backend and in there everything looks fine, and since we can't replicate the issue on any of our installations we would like to investigate this further on your server end.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.