Domain Mapping Help

Hi,

I need some help with domain mapping set up. If someone could outline the exact steps I must take I would greatly appreciate it.

I've uploaded and activated it just fine.

I've added the A record and the IP as specified but the site still defaults to the godaddy 'holder' site. Do I need to do anything else such as change the DNS (i've tried that also with no luck yet)?

right now the plugin is installed on tld.com and i'm using it to [try] and map to a subdomain.tld.com.

Thanks.

• Aaron

This is likely your issue:

Server Configuration

Many times you may run into trouble where mapped domains don't resolve to your WordPress Multi-site install even though the DNS is correct for the domain you are trying to map. This is especially common with shared hosting. Some symptoms are getting a default or non-existant domain screen branded by your host. What this means is that your WordPress install/virtualhost is not set as the default for your IP address, so different domains do not load it up.

Here is a very simple way to check if your hosting is configured correctly: Simply enter your server's IP address into a web browser and see if it loads up your WordPress signup page. For example, using the Edublogs IP you would enter http://66.135.63.39 into the web browser. See how it loads up the signup page? If entering your IP pulls up an error screen from your host (Example: http://74.54.219.243) here is what to do:

1. Purchase a dedicated IP address for your hosting.
    2. Many times just the dedicated IP will do the trick. If not, you will need to tell your host to configure your WPMU virtualhost to be the default for your dedicated IP.

If you don't mind doing some manual work when users want to map a domain, you can alternatively register each one manually with many host's control panels. This is usually called adding a "Parked" domain.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.