Domain Mapping info not registered

Hello,

I'm tying to get my domain mapping works since 2 days now and open a ticket because not any tip found in the forums and doc have solved the problem.

I followed your step by step install guide and have created a new site under /wpplugin/ for the domain name plugin-wordpress.info.

When I'm going into Tools/Domain Mapping in this website admin and enter plugin-wordpress.info and any of the dropdown options and try to browse the website I am redirected to the main domain (grayworld.fr).

When I check the wpmu_domain_mapping table nothing is added.
I tryed to manually add the domain info in that table and was able to browse plugin-wordpress.info but get the following error message into the superadmin all sites page (I think the not only this table is updated):

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/grayworl/www/WpMu/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/classes/Vendor/Punycode.php on line 75

I have now removed this entry but because I was able to browse the mapped domain before that, I assume that's not a dns issue. Also I was able yesterday to map a domain but not anymore. I tried then to install again the whole without anymore result.

I can email you any access you need to help me because I wasn't thinking the install were a nightmare and a big wast of time.

Thanks for you support,

Herve

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Herve,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

As mentioned in the live chat, try out add-on or parked domain mapping since you don't have a dedicated IP and let us know if that works for you :slight_smile:

If you have any further issues just let us know!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Herve!

I just wanted to point you to WordPress's trademark policy:

WordPress Foundation Trademark Usage Policy

Permission from the WordPress Foundation is required to use the WordPress or WordCamp name or logo as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name.

We will grant permission to use the WordPress name and logo for projects that meet the following criteria:

*The primary purpose of your project is to promote the spread and improvement of the WordPress software.
    *Your project is non-commercial in nature (it can make money to cover its costs or contribute to non-profit entities, but it cannot be run as a for-profit project or business).
    *Your project neither promotes nor is associated with entities that currently fail to comply with the GPL license under which WordPress is distributed.

If your project meets these criteria, you will be permitted to use the WordPress name and logo to promote your project in any way you see fit with one exception: Please do not use WordPress or WordCamp as part of a domain name. Examples of projects in this category are officially recognized WordCamps or international WordPress communities that are dedicated to the translation and distribution of WordPress in their respective countries.

Just in case you weren't aware of their policies!

Have a great weekend, Herve!

• Herve
    • New Recruit

Hello Michelle,

The goal of this website wasn't to sell or make money but to share tip and tricks on Wordpress plugin developement. I didn't know that in that condition the use of the WP in the domain name is not allowed and I'm going to change it asap.

Thanks for your advice,

Herve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.