Domain Mapping installation issues

Continuing consultation with Luís regarding the difficulty I’m having setting up my first mapped domain via Domain Mapping. Where we left it: For some reason my added A record is showing up as chosewoodnext.com.renewatl.com. when it should be just chosewoodnext.com, and it’s refusing to drop the renewatl.com

• Luís
    • Support

Hi ken_edelstein,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Let’s recapitulate the conversation we had in the live chat:

1) You have a dedicated IP address;

2) You already add the domain as an Addon Domain in your cPanel account.

So, if you added the domain in the same cPanel account of the Multisite installation and the “Document Root ” pointing to the root folder, you should be able to put your domain in your browser address bar and open the main website of your Multisite installation.

But from what I checked, the IP of chosewoodnext.com is not pointing to the multisite installation (renewatl.com), so, you need to create A record in the registrar panel.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/domain-mapping-wordpress/

Cheers, Luís

• ken_edelstein
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This paragraph in the article is unclear. It doesn’t explain what it means by “localhost”:

A (Host Record) – The host should be set to localhost.yourdomain.com. in cPanel where yourdomain.com is your site’s URL. For some registrars, the host should be set to @ and in either case, it should point to a record with the IP address of your site’s hosting account. You can find this information by logging into cPanel.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi ken_edelstein ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Can you send us the cPanel access, so we can give a look:

Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Luis Lopes”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– Login url

– cPanel username

– cPanel password

– Login url

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/informations

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.