Domain mapping - Invalid

I am having issues configuring a domain to a site built out on a multi-site install.

A few months back, our IT department installed a multi-site install on to our own, dedicated server. However, the server is run via cmd line, and does not have a cPanel.

The multisite was installed correctly and is working fine. I was able to attach a site via buildyourlifedream.zurixxbrands.com. I want to map this to buildyourlifedream.com.

Both ZurixxBrands.com and BuildYourLifeDream.com are set up to the correct IP address and nslookup as well as whatsmydns.net confirms this. Similarly, buildyourlifedream.com shows our apache server. I've followed the instructions set out in the "configuring the domain mapping plugin" section of your article The Ultimate Guide to Domain Mapping with WordPress and Multisite.

I have also followed the suggestions left in the following help ticket: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cannot-get-domain-mapping-to-work-3

The sunrise.php has been set into the correct folder, we have updated the necessary files, and we have followed the instructions in the help ticket to select "no" under verify domain's DNS settings.

Once we selected 'no', we were able to map the domain, but we get the health status as invalid. I am getting the following for DNS configuration:
Host Name: buildyourlifedream.zurixxbrands.com
Record Type: CNAME
Value: IP not set by admin yet.

Wordpress is running 4.6.1. The virtual host already has a wildcard entry for it.

Could you please assist as to why this domain mapping isn't working correctly?

• Luís

Hi Amy ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well, you was able to add the domain, but it's not working. Checking the DNS of "BuildYourLifeDream.com" is not using the same nameservers as "ZurixxBrands.com".

If you don't have a dedicated IP and after change the nameservers of "BuildYourLifeDream.com" to use the same as "ZurixxBrands.com", you will need to add the domain as an "addon domain" and change the "Document Root" to use the root of your WordPress install (usually this is "/public_html/"):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage

Before map the domain, if you put "BuildYourLifeDream.com" in your browser address bar, it should open the primary domain of your network (ZurixxBrands.com).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.