Domain Mapping Issues

Greetings, as per instructions I added the sunrise.php file to wp-content as well as define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); to wp-config when I login I get this message "Unable to write custom rules to your .htaccess. Is this file writable?" Permissions are set at 644.

Finally when I try to map a domain I get a blank screen.

• James Morris

Hello Dan Smith,

I hope you are well today. I've moved this thread over into our Domain Mapping plugin support forum for you in order to assist you better.

If the plugin is unable to write to .htaccess, but the file permissions are 644 then there are a couple things that can cause this...

1. The ownership of the file is different then what the web server uses for executing php. This can be resolved by enabling mod_suexec in Apache or by checking the ownership of .htaccess and ensuring that it has the same owner as the process running Apache.

2. There may be a security feature/plugin blocking writing to .htaccess. You will need to check to ensure nothing like this is in place.

When I tried to access the its-alive site, I was given a 403 error. So, I suspect there's a configuration issue causing problems.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url