Domain Mapping Issues. Redirects to primary domain problem. SSL mapping sometimes works.

I am having problems with the domain mapping plugin. The original domain of a sub site does not redirect to the mapped primary domain. I am also having problems with changing the schema to HTTPS. Sometimes the setting works. Sometimes it doesn't. It seems every site on the network is doing this now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have granted support access to the site.

Thank you in advance!

• Nithin

Hi Matt,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and your Domain mapping settings looks fine, I wasn't able to find anything odd which should be causing this issue. Since you did mention that the mapping was working before, to rule out whether any plugin is causing any hindrance to this functionality, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I'm also pinging the plugin developer regarding this, and will ask to give a look, will keep you posted asap. Please let us know how the conflict test goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Matt,

After going through all the plugins the culprit seems to be Pro Sites. With Pro Sites deactivated, the original sub domains are now redirecting to their primary domains.

It doesn't look I can check that subsite domain settings - I'm redirected to login page when I try to access it - but I would like to check those settings and if possible to replicate them. Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include Subsite login details username & password
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send that email

Changing the site to use SSL works on some of the sites, other sites the setting won't stick.

When you map domain with https you have to first map domain without www. That has to be your primary domain - next you map domain with www. Can you try that way?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Matt,

With Pro Sites deactivated, the original sub domains are now redirecting to their primary domains.

Thanks for sending credentials. I logged in your main site and Network Activated Pro Sites from your network dashboard. But then I went to "https://bik*******la.sit*****el.com", and I was automatically redirected to "https://www.bik*******la.com/". I've created a screencast showing that: // removed on member request

So I don't think Pro Sites is causing any issue here. Am I missing something? If yes, can you please point that out?

And regarding the HTTPS inconsistency, the best approach for changing schema is changing without "www" part for the domain and I think, you are already following this approach. So I believe, that issue is already resolved.

Please let us know what you think about this. If you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point, we will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Matt,

I removed screencast as requested. I've done new test with Pro Sites activated - to be sure I did it in two separate browsers in incognito mode and asked another staff member to test.
    For all three tests subsite url was redirected to right domain, one you set as primary in domain mapping.
    So this cannot be browser caching on our side.
    We tested on subsite you send us credentials to - so I checked next sites on all sites list. First two with mapped domain were working fine.
    Third, pizza site was not redirecting at all - but it wasn't redirected when I turned off the Pro Sites. There was no difference. I tested in incognito mode.
    This site looks like with wrong configuration when its not redirecting at all - I can check it if you send me credentials to that one the same way you send to bike site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Matt,

Thanks for confirming. Actually, you have 128 mapped domains and I can see you have two mapping for each subsite. Still 64 mapped sites. I've checked first 10 and some other random subsites but all of them were redirecting to mapped domains when Pro Sites is activated (I've deactivated Pro Sites again) without any problem.

So I could not regenerate the issue. I've also tested in incognito mode. Am I missing something again? Can you please check again with Pro Sites activate and if you face the issue with any specific subsite, can you please tell us with which subsite you had this issue? We will try to test again with that specific subsite.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.