Domain mapping not working after today's update

Hi,

All my domains come up as needs revalidation, and none revalidate. I tried mapping a new domain today and I keep getting domain is not valid (add dns settings are good). I disabled the validate domain option from the domain mapping settings, and am able to validate the the new domain, but it doesn't work. What is the fix?

Thanks in advance,
Helms

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @helms,

Hope you're well?

Is it just the new domains that will not validate, or existing mapped domains that were valid, now showing as invalid?

New domains you have mapped can take upto 48hrs to fully propogate if you have just changed the domains A records.

Has your site got a dedicated static IP address? just need to be sure as if your server IP address changed, this could also affect the mapped domains.

Hope this helps

Thanks

• Helms
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes dedicated IP. Didn't have any problems until yesterdays mapped domain update.

The existing domains come up as re-validate. A new domain gives me an Domain Mapping error. The new domain is already pointing to my server, it's just the domain mapping plugin doesn't appear to be working. Why would all my domains that have already been mapped tell me they need to be re-validated?

Thanks,
    Helms

• Sherry
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I had the same problem. Have had the domain mapped for months with no problem, did the update and all hell broke loose with redirect errors, domain name is invalid. Shopping cart no longer functioned properly. I had to restore back to before the update. Now things are back to normal.

• robot1388
    • Flash Drive

We have exact same error after the update. When we map a domain, we get a Health Status of "Invalid" and upon refresh, the mapped domain has disappeared, making it impossible to map domains. Existing domains that were mapped still work although none show in Network Settings > Settings > Domain Mapping in the "Mapped Domains" tab ...

Also seeing error log fill up quickly with lots of errors like:

[25-Sep-2014 23:19:13 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'scheme' in 'field list' for query SELECT scheme FROM wp_domain_mapping WHERE domain='website-name.com' made by require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), do_action('tools_page_domainmapping'), call_user_func_array, Domainmap_Module_Pages->render_site_options_page, Domainmap_Render->render, Domainmap_Render_Tabbed->_to_html, Domainmap_Render_Site_Map->_render_tab, Domainmap_Render_Site_Map::render_mapping_row, Domainmap_Module::force_ssl_on_mapped_domain

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi All,

Sorry about this, the lead developer is aware of the issue and working on a fix, It seems to have only effected a few users.

Other users it's working correctly for and it's also working fine in testing.

In the mean time, if your effected by this issue, can you go here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/ click changelog and download version 4.1.4.2 and overwrite your existing version via FTP.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Sam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Helms, @Sherry, @nbostic, @robot1388

Some members had issue with latest update because of old dated PHP version since the new version uses some newer features of PHP ( although not very new really ). As advised by WP ( https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/ ) You'll need at least 5.2.4 and we highly recommend anything more than 5.3.

Anyway any information about your environment can help me find the issue and debug.

Thanks,
    Sam

• Sam

Hi @robot1388

Thanks for getting back. the "Network Settings > Settings > Domain Mapping in the "Mapped Domains" issue is resolved in v4.2.0.1, the scheme error u get seem a bit weird though. Try deactivating and reactivating DM plugin again if that doesn't help please visit https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Mark to my attention - ATTN: Sam Najian
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    and i will take a look

• robot1388
    • Flash Drive

We do not see any change in behavior with 4.2.01, all issues detailed above are still occurring .... downgrading to 4.1.4.2 and waiting till verified fix comes out .... This is a commercial install, so we aren't able to give login info ... will sit tight until others confirm a fix is in place.

[27-Sep-2014 18:42:01 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'scheme' in 'field list' for query SELECTschemeFROMwp_domain_mappingWHEREdomain`='domain-name-here.com' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), call_user_func_array, Domainmap_Module_Mapping->force_schema, Domainmap_Module::force_ssl_on_mapped_domain
    `

• diogenese19348

Having the same problem with an existing setup. I'll remove my comment from another thread, this one seems to be the main one for this. It doesn't appear to be just a few users folks, and we can't play around with production sites for businesses.

• Helms

Hey @Sam,

My PHP version is: 5.5.12-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1
    I'm using Nginx on the WordPress 4.0

The only temporary fix I found with this version of Domain Mapping was to disable the Verify Domain's DNS Setting.

Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Helms,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Could you send through the following details for us to debug on your site please?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• robot1388
    • Flash Drive

There are some differences in pre Multisite databases (Wordpress MU versions before migration of MU to WordPress Multisite) as well that might be playing a role ... our older installs that started out at MU based WP sites and migrated to Multisite have the issue while newer Multisite installs don't seem to have the issue .... just something we've noticed.

• Sam

Hi @robot1388,

I can see that most probably the problem is because of that db change after MU migration.

Please locate you domain_mapping table ( it's prefixed with ur DB prefix which is wp_ by default) and add a new column to it named "scheme" with the type "tinyint" or "int" with length of 1 and set the default to "0". Then you'll be fine to use the latest version.

Let me wrap up the culprit I could find in your case (which most likely may be also true for other members with the same issue ), In the latest version of the plugin a new "scheme" column is added to the {prefix}_domain_mapping table which holds your choice for forcing http or https on the mapped domain, but for some reason in some of the installs ( apparently those that have had a migration of earlier versions of MU to the latest versions of WP ) this new column is not properly added to the {prefix}_domain_mapping table which results in the issue you and some other members face in the latest update.

Hope this explanation works for you and other members.
    I'd be happy to be kept posted of your issues and gladly offer help.

Thanks,
    Sam

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

I'm still having this same issue even after the friday update, and if I try to create a new site, it bounces back and forth between http and https even though I have the force https turned off and these sites haven't even been mapped yet. I have had domain mapping running and working perfectly for quite a while, well over a year, and this update has sent my site into a spin.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @jnkfrancis,

Sorry to hear of the problem that you are having.

To help keep support tickets separate, could you please open a new thread for your new question?

This helps to prevent any confusion (for us) as I'm sure you understand. Especially the original ticket creator might not like the thread to be hijacked :slight_smile: Just a suggestion, no stress !

This might also help other members looking for a similar answer. :slight_smile:

We would be more than happy to help you on your newly created thread.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.