Domain mapping not working even after a clean install

I have totally re installed everything on my server. A clean install.

The only plugins added via the WPMU Dev Dashboard are.

1. Pro sites
2 Domain Mapping
3 advertising split plugin
4 ultimate branding
5 market press

My domain mapping is NOT working. I now have NONE of my clients site up. Please Do NOT give me any ridiculous responses and give me some real help.

I have added access on the dashboard screen and I can give access to server directly also.

PLEASE Help. I am in the process of refunding ALL of my clients again and consuming costs for hosting in the cloud that has already been giving.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

My domain mapping is NOT working. I now have NONE of my clients site up. Please Do NOT give me any ridiculous responses and give me some real help.

You're going to need to actually give us some details for us to help.

Which method are you using, parked domains or A Record?

I see the main domain from your site, and the IP address but what is the domain you're trying to map? (Just one so I can see the DNS)

You never said anything about errors?

At what stage it fails?

Following the "Ways of getting better support" on the link below will help us to help you better.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Whilst I was looking at your site I see for some I can't connect through our dashboard, the Paypal API also doesn't work. I was then thinking it could be a server config issue, like a firewall or no cURL installed so to test it wasn't just our plugin I tried to installed a normal plugin from WordPress.org and also got an error.

I think there could be a firewall, cURL not enabled or something similar blocking connection which is why the DNS checker don't work.

Can you please check those.

Did you also move the the sunrise file over, check it has been.

Looking forward to helping you get this resolved. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @louis,

I don't see domain mapping plugin installed on that site.

Can you send your details using the following contact form (select i have a different question from the dropdown.)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Mark for attn: Vaughan
    Include a ref URL to this thread.

Please include site login details (super-admin if on multisite)
    Also include FTP login details so I can take a look at server files.

Thanks

• Louis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

http://globalbusinessreferralnetwork.com/potus/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

domain mapping plugin finally updated .

This is the blank page i get when I try to map a domain.

also when debugging is on.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Web Sites\WordPress1\wp-content\plugins\ad-sharing\ad-sharing.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Ad_Sharing in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Web Sites\WordPress1\wp-content\plugins\ad-sharing\ad-sharing.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Web Sites\WordPress1\wp-content\plugins\ad-sharing\ad-sharing.php on line 685

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Louis,

Thanks for posting back.

Did you send the login details to Vaughan as requested so that he can have a closer look ?

I logged in to your site and see that on both the subsites, there is no domain added to be mapped. Can you kindly provide us the domain you are trying to map to your subsite ?

Also which subsite are you trying to map it to ?

As Timothy suggested in his first response, did you check if curl is installed on your hosting account ? You can check that with your host.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I hope you're well! :slight_smile:

Sorry to see you found my initial response as unhelpful but I see you never actually addressed any of my questions and as such we can't be sure what you have or haven't done. Makes it incredibly hard.

I just took another look at your site and it seems you still have issues there. Can't install plugins from WordPress site, and can't network activate them.

Doesn't give any errors. Video example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/by7fs6vxzcbqffy/iis.mp

And the access you sent, we need FTP to have a look, neither Vaughan or myself use Remote Desktop.

I'm still thinking a firewall or cURL issue although it could be something else like file/folder permissions, I don't use IIS. I think you'll really you need to hire a system admin that can work with IIS.

You could also try using the WP_DEBUG to see if anything is thrown out. To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Let me know what you find.

Have a great weekend!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Just popped my daughter back to bed and returned to the computer, I refreshed the plugins page and see they are now there (the ones from my video) so I deleted them and they remained.

I suspect they'll disappear shortly when your cache clears up. I cleared my cache, turned it off in fact but they remain there.

If you could please turn cache off totally whilst testing, it's kinda hindering the problem here.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

It's working great, this is one of my sandbox domains I play with:

http://cowpat.org/

You might need to clear DNS cache, but it's live for me right now and pointing to your site full mapped. See screenshot.

The healthcheck tells me it's not valid, but this is something to do with your server setup I think as it returns good on my own install.

Can you test with one of our other domain names? :slight_smile:

I'll leave the domain pointing for a little while. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.