Domain mapping not working on Siteground hosting

I have been trying out WPEngine and now Siteground. WPEngine never worked with the validation for the DNS on and with Siteground the plugin does not seem to be working at all. When the validation is on it just throws up the error that the domain has not been pointed yet.

In the case of the domain being pointed to the correct IP it has been done and even turning off the validation checks the plugin still does not work. I just get the hosts error message.

Any insight here would be great as I am stuck. I have verified the wpconfig settings, the .htaccess settings, sunrise.php is in the right place. I appreciate the assistance.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @klevur,

Does your multisite have a dedicated IP address? is your site domain the actual primary domain on your hosting account (this is required for domain mapping)

Can you post the URL of your multisite and the subsite url you are trying to map to)

Also the Domain name of the domain you are trying to map to your multisite.

Thanks.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @klevur,

I have just been contacted by 1 of sitepoint.com support members Hristo Pandjarov who says, that Domain mapping is working just fine & could I ask you to contact sitepoint support, hopefully they should get you going quickly.

Hope this helps

• klevur
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Vaughn,

Thanks for the heads up and obviously I did that before I posted in here. This has been resolved now and it has to do with the dedicated IP. They way Siteground sets up their WHM causes an issue so the dedicated IP for just the Multi Site network did the trick. Where I was having trouble was when I was over testing WP Engine their system blocks the domain mapping plugin from accessing the DNS checks so I thought the same issue may be occurring over at Siteground.

Thanks for the help. You can let Hristo that I did reach out to them first and they did try to help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.