Domain mapping not working. Showing blank page

I'm trying the domain mapping plugin in.

This is the original blog -> jorfermo.blogs.upv.es

I add a mapping in this blog for domain encuestas-old.upv.es

Plugin in says health status is invalid but DNS is pointing to the same address:

host encuestas-old.upv.es
encuestas-old.upv.es is an alias for hen.cc.upv.es.
hen.cc.upv.es has address 158.42.250.80

host jorfermo.blogs.upv.es
jorfermo.blogs.upv.es is an alias for hen.cc.upv.es.
hen.cc.upv.es has address 158.42.250.80

When I access both URLs now I'm just getting a blank page

• Alexander

Hi @Jorge,

If it's a blank screen, it sounds like we might have an error that would be shown to us with debug mode enabled.

Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

• Jorge

No if I go to encuestas-old.upv.es I still get a blank page.

However in jorfermo.blogs.upv.es I'm getting this error lines:

Notice: wp_login is deprecated since version 2.5! Use wp_signon() instead. in /mnt/disco2/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2922

Notice: define() fue llamado con un argumento que está obsoleto desde la versión 3.0! La constante VHOST está obsoleta. Usa la constante booleana/lógica SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL en wp-config.php para habilitar la configuración de subdominios. Usa is_subdomain_install() para comprobar si la configuración de subdominios está activada. in /mnt/disco2/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3020

• Alexander

No if I go to encuestas-old.upv.es I still get a blank page.

Is there even a WordPress site at that address? I can't get to /wp-admin from there as it comes back as "not found"

The errors you've mentioned above aren't anything to worry about as they are just notices for developers. However, I tried pulling up this URL: http://jorfermo.blogs.upv.es/

There are many warnings about headers being sent. In terms of the file it refers to, This usually means a plugin or theme conflict.

Can you please test for a plugin and theme conflict? You can do this by switching to the default theme (TwentyThirteen) and deactivating all your plugins. After this, test the issue as see if anything is different. If it's working, try changing your theme back and testing again. If at this point it's broken, we know it's a theme conflict. If not, start reactivating your plugins and testing as you go along, once it stops working you'll be able to know which plugin is causing a conflict. Once a conflict is identified, we can look into a specific solution for it.

Best regards,

• Jorge

Is there even a WordPress site at that address? I can't get to /wp-admin from there as it comes back as "not found"

That address is an alias. I set it up in DNS server and added as an alias of jorfermo.blogs.upv.es through domain mapping plugin

There are many warnings about headers being sent. In terms of the file it refers to, This usually means a plugin or theme conflict.

Those errors were shown cause I had activated debug mode.

That blog has no plugins activated. I activated also twentyrhirteen theme. Now if you access jorfermo.blogs.upv.es it redirects you to encuestas-old.upv.es and it shows a blank page.

• Alexander

Hi @Jorge,

Well, I just checked again and jorfermo.blogs.upv.es is now loading. It's not redirecting to the other URL. It's possible that this is the result of DNS settings that took a while to go into affect.

On this url: "encuestas-old.upv.es" I see it's still not working though.

Do you have a dedicated IP address? Take a look at this: http://158.42.250.80/ Opening this IP should direct to your main site. Your other domains are pointing here, but there's no WordPress site for them to reach.

Once a user reaches that IP, WordPress is loaded regardless of domain. Then the Domain Mapping plugin looks at the domain, and decides what site should be presented.

The main WordPress site should be available in the root of your web server.

For example, you should be able to visit this page: http://158.42.250.80/wp-admin

Because you can't, we know that Multisite may not be in the root directory, or the server might not be configured properly.

Please advise how and where Multisite was installed.

Best regards,

• Jorge

Hi Alexander

Sorry, you were able to access jofermo.blogs.upv.es because I had disabled the plugin.

You wasn't able to reach http://158.42.250.80/wp-admin because the site with wordpress wasn't the default virtual host. I set it up as default vhost and It worked!!

So that was the problem.

I don't know if http://158.42.250.80/wp-admin should work, but accessing that URL ends up with a redirect loop. Will this affect to the domain mapping?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.