Domain mapping not working with A name records

Hello wonder if you can help. I have a multisite setup at wable.net with a dedicated ip 159.100.181.80.

I have multiple domains pointing to the ip with A name records at the moment.

I also added each domain to the respective site withing wordpress. uichampion.com is not mapping to wable.net/uichampion.

I dont want to have to manually edit any domain addons or aliases in the cpanel for wable.net.

Can you see anything worng with my host?

All of my mapped domain are marked as invalid within the plugin.

Appreciate your help.

Barry

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Barry,

Hope you're doing well today

When you make the required DNS changes your domain should see your domain pointing to your network installation before it's mapped, that means that the DNS settings are correct and after that when you mapp it via DM plugin it will redirect to selected subsite.

Your uichampion.com however doesn't point to your multisite so this is something DNS related, you should note that DNS changes can sometimes can take up to 72 hours to propagate so it might be just a matter of waiting some more.

Can you tell us how long ago did you made the DNS changes?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Barry!

I think the problem here lies within IPs "root folder" (otherwise called "document root") settings. Assigning IP to the domain in cPanel means that this IP will only be used for that domain and affects DNSes but that's all.

What would be necessary now would be to check if there's an option to configure "root folder" ("document root") for your IP. Please check your cPanel and see if there is such an option. If it's available, make sure that the root folder/document root for IP is set to be exactly the same as root folder/document root used for your wable.net domain.

As a result, typing IP into browser address bar would load your wable.net site and that should solve the issue.

If that's not possible then you'd want to take a bit different approach and instead of using A record, follow the "Addon vs Parked" section of this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage

Best regards,
    Adam