domain mapping or multi domain

If i use multi domain or domain mapping in my multi site, when user type pasarmalam.online browse in /www.cctvdoctor.my/pasarmalam subdomain ( domain mapping ) , which address they will see in address bar, pasarmalam.online or cctvdoctor.my/pasarmalam ?

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Ali,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Domain Mapping and Multi Domains do different things, but in your case I think that Domain Mapping is what you're looking for.

Domain Mapping is used to map top level domain to your subsites, for example, if you have domain.com/subsite you can map top level domain so that site uses subsite.com instead.

Multi Domains on other hand allows members to choose different domain for their subdomain, for example, you have your network at domain.com, and you use Multi Domains to add another domain, for example newdomain.com.
    When new subsite is being registered you will be able to choose if it will be subdomain.domain.com or subdomain.newdomain.com

So about this:

when user type pasarmalam.online browse in /www.cctvdoctor.my/pasarmalam subdomain ( domain mapping ) , which address they will see in address bar, pasarmalam.online or cctvdoctor.my/pasarmalam ?

If you're using Domain Mapping and you map pasarmalam.online to http://www.cctvdoctor.my/pasarmalam then your subsite will use pasarmalam.online as the domain for that subsite.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.