[Domain Mapping] Page Latency Changes

I'm gonna setup a Wordpress Multisite
I have been using your products for several months and I have a perfect mastery of the LEMP stack.
When I install and activate the domain mapping plugin on my site, there are page latency changes from about 2 seconds to 20/30.

I have not yet found where the problem comes from, I just know it's this plugin that causes this problem.

• James Morris

Hello Louis

I hope you are well today.

There are three options in Domain Mapping that can contribute to this latency.

- Cross-domain autologin
    - Verify domain's DNS settings
    - Check domain propagation before mapping

Basically, what happens is when any one of these 3 options is enabled, a process is triggered with each page load to verify either that the visitor has login rights to that subsite, the DNS is correct, or that the domain is fully propagated.

If you do not plan on reselling blogs (subsites) and you plan on ensuring that the DNS is fully propagated and configured correctly, then all 3 options can be disabled and you will see a significant improvement in latency.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.