Domain Mapping plugin

I'm using the latest Domain Mapping plugin (Version 4.4.2.4) and trying to map to a TLD domain; the DNS is correctly configured with the correct A record. The domain is not 'new', not a recent purchase. Yes, I have a dedicated IP address, and I'm using Cloud VPS. I have gotten this to work in the past, but this is intolerably slow - it has been more than 24 hours and I am still getting the red box response that "the domain is unavailable to access". This creates a very awkward situation with the client - I consider it unacceptable. That said, I'm willing to consider that "I'm doing something wrong", thus my question here: Does the client's TLD domain nameservers have to point to my hosting account? I am under the impression that the only update to the client's DNS records is to change the A record, is that correct? Or do the nameservers also have to be changed to my nameservers?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Justin,

Did you check what site is opening when you check domain you want to map? If the A record is correctly configured then your main site should open.
    If it opens and you still cannot map domain then try disabling "Verify domain's DNS settings" in Domain Mapping Settings

If you have dedicated IP that points to main site of your network there is no need to change nameservers.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.