Domain Mapping Plugin and CloudFlare

I'm having an issues getting the domain mapping plugin to work after a transition to using CloudFlare.

Originally I had all my domains pointed to my dedicated hosting server IP and all the mapping worked perfectly. Now, all my domains are all resolving to CloudFlare IPs (and it seems to be different for each domain) and none of the mapping is working.

What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Peter,

Please take a look on post in this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cant-get-domain-mapping-to-work-2?replies=25#post-1040106 as it explains how to setup Domain Mapping with the Cloudflare.

Procedure is almost same if you are using Cloudflare. In that case, you add Cloudflare nameservers in your Domain Control Panel DNS, and then set the A record in "Cloudflare DNS Settings".

Let me know if this helps

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Peter Robelia
    • New Recruit

That's the way I currently have it set. The domains point to the CloudFlare nameservers and then each domain has an A record that points to my webservers dedicated IP.

This used to work, but now the domain mapping tool says that when it resolves the DNS A record(s) for my main domain, the IP addresses assigned to it are CloudFlare IPs. Do I need to change my A Records to point to the CloudFlare IPs? That doesn't seem right.

The end results of this issue is that I'll have two domains mapped for a site "domain.com" and "domain.org" and I have the .com address marked as primary within the mapping plugin, but the site redirects to the .org address.

Any other ideas?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Peter Robelia

The domains point to the CloudFlare nameservers and then each domain has an A record that points to my webservers dedicated IP.

If you point the domains to the CF nameservers, then you don't need to set any A record. The domain should point to CF's nameserver and from the CF it should reach your server. I don't think you need to set A record for domains. Please remove the A record from domain panel and let's see if it works.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Peter Robelia
    • New Recruit

I've turned off CloudFlare for the domains I'm using to simplify things, but it's still not working. Here's the current configuration: The two domains I want to map are pointed at my dedicated IP, both are configured in the mapping plugin. The mapping seem to be working correctly, except it doesn't pay any attention to the primary domain I've chosen.The only way I can get the site to map to that domain is to remove all other domains from the mapping plugin.

I've also parked both domains on my server, since someone suggested that as an option, but didn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas on why the primary domain selection isn't working?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Peter,

The mapping seem to be working correctly, except it doesn't pay any attention to the primary domain I've chosen.

There was actually a bug with primary domains - it should be fixed in the latest release of Domain Mapping that was release today. Please update plugin and let me know if this help.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.