Domain Mapping Plugin build stylesheet cookie function slow down the admin panel

Hi!

After install the domain mapping plugin in our WP multisite server, the WP admin control panel slow down. After debugging the HTTP request to the site We have noticed that there is always a request to a .css generated by the domain mapping plugin that it takes too long time to response (650ms). After debugging the plugin code We have noticed that there is 2 functions related with that:

build_cookie
build_stylesheet_for_cookie

Are you sure that is necessary to request this generated .css on every request? It seems this code sets a cross domain cookie, but It can't set this cookie only one time? If not, can we optimize this code to speed up the requests? Because this behaviour really slow down the performance as We can see a blank page before render each page.

Thank you!

• aecnu

Greetings igarcia,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

This is a great question regarding the cookie functions.

Because this behaviour really slow down the performance as We can see a blank page before render each page.

On the side I am wondering what kind of hosting you have because on my Dual Core Server with 178 domains plus on it this moves right along and I have never seen and screen flash or time like this, and on my brand new 8 Core Server it screams. Just curious?

Are you sure that is necessary to request this generated .css on every request? It seems this code sets a cross domain cookie, but It can't set this cookie only one time? If not, can we optimize this code to speed up the requests?

Regarding the removal of these functions or customizing the plugin I have no idea, though I will see if I can get the lead developer in here to offer his advice/advise us as to the answer to this question.

In addition, I am wondering if you experience this same performance phenomenon using the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin?

Please advise if you choose to try this out and if you are happy with its performance I will cancel the lead developer request which takes longer then a normal ticket in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings igarcia,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe