Domain Mapping plugin Can't Access Admin Bar on Front-end of Mapped Domains

Hi

After updating to the latest version I can no longer access the admin bar on the front-end for mapped domains if the option "Cross-domain autologin" is disabled.

In previous versions once logged into the back-end I could access the admin bar on the front-end by manually entering http://site.example.com into the address bar.

However this no longer works as it's now redirected to the mapped domain http://dogs.com.

Please note I choose to disable "Cross-domain autologin" because it slows down the site load time.

Also I use "original domain" options to login and admin

How can I access the admin bar in the front-end without un-mapping the domain?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello northgate

I'm afraid I'm having some trouble replicating the symptoms I'm seeing on your site on my own test environment. With the latest version of Domain Mapping, with my settings set to the same as what is on your site, I'm able to see the Admin bar on the front-end with or without cross-domain login enabled and with or without the domain being mapped and/or redirected to the original domain.

This leads me to suspect there may be something else causing an issue here.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can perform some advanced debugging?

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• northgate
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi

Did you perform the tests on the sub-site (with mapped domain) or main site or both?

Also which browser did you use?

Please note when logged into the back-end the cookies for admin are not loaded on the front-end for mapped domains.
    ----
    Unfortunately we do not use Control Panel or FTP.

Can you provide us with instructions that we can perform and return results?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello northgate

Just to make sure, I have also tested this on one of my test sites and couldn't replicate the issue as well. On main site and on sub-sites (with no mapped domain and with mapped domain - with and without "cross domain auto login" and with both original domain and forced redirect to mapped domain) I didn't experience the issue. I had access to the admin bar on both back and frond end in all cases.

I noticed that you did not send any access credentials to James and the support access has already expired. I would like to take another look at the site so would you please re-enable support access to it?

Let me know here when it's active, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello northgate

Thank you for granting access.

Which browsers did you use for your test?

I used Firefox and Chrome on Win 10 Pro and my colleague tested with Chrome, Firefox and Opera on Mac, so that's pretty much all major browsers. I have also checked, just in case, with Edge on Windows.

As for your site, I have checked it but it seems that I won't be able to find much this way as support access turns out to be too limited in this case. I would need to get a closer look so that puts us back to earlier request for full access credentials.

You have mentioned that you're not using any "control panel" or FTP. Is there other way to be able to access files on a server and possibly a database? An SSH access or other type of console?

I would also need a super-admin level login and password (that might be an additional account that you will remove after we're done, of course, but it must be super-admin role).

Please do not post any credentials here. Instead you can safely send them directly to my. To do this, please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and super-admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data

- [Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password), hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin] / since you're not using FTP and cPanel, please provide any kind of access that would give me access to your site's WP install files and, possibly, a database

- Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi northgate,

I was checking this issue with Adam yesterday, on Mac, and as he said everything worked fine and I was able to see the admin bar normally.

However, I was doing some extensive testing today, with different browsers and tweaking different options from DM settings, and I was finally able to see the issue on my end.
    It seems like there are some issues with SSL and cross-domain login, not sure what but I have created a detailed report for our developers so they can further investigate it.

Currently, if you have mapped domain all your URLs in admin section will change to mapped domain, for example, if you go to Posts panel and click on View link, or if you click on View Site link in admin bar.
    So they will open mapped domain instead of the original domain and you won't see admin bar.
    If you however go manually to original domain you should be able to still see the admin bar.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• northgate
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Predrag,

Thank you for investigating this issue, performing the extensive testing and reporting it. I greatly appreciate it.

If you however go manually to original domain you should be able to still see the admin bar.

In v4.4.2.5 I could manually go directly to the original domain of all mapped sites and access the admin bar in the front-end. However as of v4.4.3.2 going manually to the original domain redirects to the mapped domain (where admin-bar is not accessible) only with 1 site (on production evironment) I can go the original domain (where admin-bar is accessible).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.