Domain Mapping plugin doesn't like it's own files - where can I get new ones?

the control panel for Domain Mapping has a big red warning saying:

You use old version of /home/maincontrol/public_html/wp-content/sunrise.php file. Please, replace that file with new version which is located by following path: /home/maincontrol/public_html/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping/sunrise.php.

Which I did. Numerous times. >.>;;

Is there some newer version, is should I be calling shenanigans?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Honor,

Hope you're doing well today!

Edit: Something to check first would be to make sure you clear your cache, it could be just serving you a cached page right now.

It should actually be updating the sunrise.php automatically now when you update the Domain Mapping plugin.

Can you delete the plugin and the sunrise.php then re-install it. If you're still getting this error then let us know :slight_smile:

Your mapped domains are saved in the database so once you re-install the plugin then they will re-appear.

Look forward to hearing back on this!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. make sure you re-install it through the dashboard if possible :slight_smile:

• Honor

I'm not 100% sure exactly the nature of my error, confusion, and/or oversight, but I noticed that I managed to get your domain mapping plugin and Donncha O Caoimh's domain mapping plugin both installed and activated.

I've got both uninstalled, and will try re-installing during off-peak hours, but I'm wondering if those two are related, redundant, second cousins...? Is having both probably my issue?

• aristath

Hello again @Honor, I hope you're well today!

I've got both uninstalled, and will try re-installing during off-peak hours, but I'm wondering if those two are related, redundant, second cousins...? Is having both probably my issue?

Yes, they are distant cousins...
    Our Domain Mapping started its life years ago as a fork of doncha's plugin with some much-needed customizations, and then slowly evolved into a much more powerful tool with lots and lots of extra functionality and goodies in it.
    I don't believe there's much left of doncha's plugin in it nowadays as the plugin went through some pretty large rewrites these past few years.

Having both installed would definitely cause issues!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.