Domain mapping plugin has issues with WP Engine

I just moved my hosting to WPEngine. I have setup the system per their instructions and added the domain to be mapped to their control panel and changed the IP in the DNS zone to point there. However, when I try to map the domain in the plugin I will consistently get an invalid message. What is weird is that even though it says invalid the mapping still works but if I delete it and try to add it back it wont allow it and just keep giving the standard message. Any help you can provide would be great as I really need this to work correctly.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I wonder if it's related to their unique setup and how they're caching everything.

It worked in your previous setup you say?

Are you able to enable the WP_DEBUG?

To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Let me know what you find.

• klevur

That is possible. The interesting part is not that the mapping plugin does not work but the fact that it will not validate. When mapping two domains after turning off the check the domain will show mapped in the control panel with an tag of invalid but the mapping is working. The issue is how stable is it knowing this? Everywhere else the checks point to the right spot but for some reason the mapping plugin gives back bad information.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @klevur,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Don't worry the plugin will work fine without any issues, even with the mapping not verified, this basically checks the DNS records that they are correct.

The invalid health status is normally caused by a firewall at your server if the IP is correct etc, as it can't actually check the DNS records.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Any questions or issues please let me know, here to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.