Domain Mapping plugin install

Hello,

I'm about to install the Domain Mapping plugin to my WP install in WP Engine. There is a one click install option. But the install guide on your website says that I first and foremost should download the plugin to my computer and then unzip it. Would the one click install be enough for installing it properly?

Thank you.

Best Regards
Mats

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mats,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's no need to download and unzip the plugin. This is just one of the ways to install it and it's mentioned in the docs because it may be easier to make required changes to the site that way (I'll describe them below).

You may then use "one click" install by going to "WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page in your site's "Network Admin" and then finding Domain Mapping plugin and clicking an "Install" button. I'd recommend however that you do not activate the plugin before completing following steps:

1. Access your WP install via FTP (or cPanel "File Manager") after "Domain Mapping" is installed but not enabled yet;

2. Move (move, not copy) the "sunrise.php" file from "/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping" folder to the "/wp-content/" folder;

3. Add following line to the "wp-config.php" file:

define('SUNRISE','on');

The line should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line.

Now please go to the "Network Admin -> Plugins -> All plugins" and enable "Domain Mapping".

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Adam