Domain mapping plugin -- Issue creating new product category with a sidebar

Hello,

I am working in a site where domain is mapped with wpudev Domain Mapping plugin. The site is basically an ecommerce built with WooCommerce. Yesterday, I was trying to create a new product category through the admin options of my site's theme, and it was imposible to make the sidebar appear (a screenshot with the options is attached). Later, I disabled domain mapping and the sidebar appeared. However, I tested it a little more to see if I was able to disable that sidebar, enable it in the right, etc and nothing worked... As the site is for a client, I enabled Domain Mapping again. Despite now it is being shown as I like, this behaviour is weird, and I would like to fix it so I can keep creating new categories in the future...
I hope you can help me.
Thank you,

Miguel

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Miguel,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Is the theme you are using available for free so we can do some testing on our end?

Also, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/
    Which is the subsite in question? If you don't want to share site URL here just give us the site ID and we will be able to find it that way.

Later, I disabled domain mapping and the sidebar appeared. However, I tested it a little more to see if I was able to disable that sidebar, enable it in the right, etc and nothing worked...

This part confused me a bit, did you enable the Domain Mapping again when you did that further testing or the issue was there while DM was deactivated as well?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• lyra.

Hello Predrag,

I am sorry but the theme we use is not free, we bought it.

About granting you access to our admin, I have to discuss it with my partners, I am not sure to be able to do it. In case I can, would you have access to see everything in our backend app (users, transactions, etc)?

The subsite's ID is 30.

Later, I disabled domain mapping and the sidebar appeared. However, I tested it a little more to see if I was able to disable that sidebar, enable it in the right, etc and nothing worked...

This part confused me a bit, did you enable the Domain Mapping again when you did that further testing or the issue was there while DM was deactivated as well?

When I deactivated DM, it worked for the first change, but not for the rest. The behaviour was weird.

I have to say that we use WP-Super-Cache to serve pages faster and I have seen I have to clear the cache in order to load some changes. Would have any tips to configure WP-Super-Cache to work properly in a site where domain is mappe?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @admin1802,

About granting you access to our admin, I have to discuss it with my partners, I am not sure to be able to do it. In case I can, would you have access to see everything in our backend app (users, transactions, etc)?

When granting support access we will be accessing your site as super admin, however login details are not visible to us since it's going through WPMU DEV dashboard, we only get one button to click in order to access your site.

We would have access to your users and all the info available to the super admin, however I can assure you that none of the info is being saved on our side and we will be just checking the parts of your site that are related to your issue.

When I deactivated DM, it worked for the first change, but not for the rest. The behaviour was weird.

Based on this it doesn't look like DM related issue since you experienced same behaviour without the DM active, so it's quite possible that this is caching issue you are having.

There are no specific settings required for WP Super Cache for DM, but have you tried temporarily removing the caching plugin to see if issue is indeed related to that?
    You can find info about uninstalling here:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/other_notes/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.